Tuesday, December 19, 2006

School's out and Christmas is Here

I've had a lot going on the past few weeks. I finished my last two finals last Friday and am baking cookies and preparing for Christmas.

Our church had a ground breaking ceremony. Here are some pictures.




Here are a couple of pictures of the Dojo Christmas party.

Jonathan has been accepted to both colleges to which he applied. He was offered a $1,000/year scholarship at U. Vermont but he also was accepted at Duquesne and they offered him a $9,500/year academic scholarship. They have also noted that he still qualifies for finincial need based grants. This is a good thing since I have a daughter in college, a daughter in medical school, Jon graduating this year, and Jeanette graduating next year and, oh, yes, I'm in college as well. I am so thankful that he is being offered this opportunity. Dh and Jon visited the campus last fall and it's beautiful and the city of Pittsburg is fantastic for young adults. Duquesne is next door to Pitt, so there's a nice vibe in that neighborhood. I can't wait for an opportunity to go visit the campus.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger MomOfThree said...

Just wanted to tell you that Duquesne is a fantastic school, and your son will love it if he chooses to go there! I live just south of Pittsburgh and my best friend went to Duquesne - I had many wonderful weekends there!

Hugs,
~M (an MDC mama who likes to check in on you!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home