Friday, May 19, 2006

Getting over the -

I just got my grades for the Spring, 2006 semester.

I got an A in everything but Botany.

I got an A- in Botany.

Yes, I'm obcessing about the A-. I told myself if I got straight A's, I would apply into the premed program at school.

Does the - exclude the A?

My husband says they're all A's, Daughter says the same thing.

My friends online agree, I'm being silly.

Not only that, I would tell my children an A- is an A and a good grade.

Sooooooooo, I guess I'll apply into the premed program and now the obcession de'jour: they require a *photo* I don't have any pictures of myself.

Oy-vey.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

An A minus is certainly fine. And I've never been a slacker on grades. I graduated in the #2 and #1 spots in my class rank in high school and (bible) college respectively so it's not something I'm passive about, but I would NOT sweat an A- in any class.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

I was just up in Harrisburg for a wedding this past weekend - Eastern PA is such a beautiful area!

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger DebraBaker said...

Thank you and thank you, rebecca, for the compliment. I live about 2 hours east of Harrisburg. We had a mostly great weekend with a few really interesting period of clouds and rain.

Not only am I driven to get good grades, I feel as though I need to be a good example to my children.

DH is a perfectionist and I always feel like my contribution to the Baker gene pool is the dregs or whatever went wrong. I need to shake that but it rears its ugly head from time to time.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've written my essays and now am facing my ultimate nemesis, they are asking for a photo. I'm camera shy and I realize there are few pics of me and the few that exist are not good.

Sigh.

db

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Mammal_Mama said...

I was totally bummed out when I got an A- during my first semester at the state college. I'd messed around a lot in community college and was determined to have a 4.0 for my final two years. But actually, the A- was rather freeing for me. It made the big 4.0 an impossibility, oh well, but then I didn't have to stress so badly if I got an occasional B ... this coming from someone who got a lot of C's and D's in highschool, I guess I just wanted to prove I wasn't a slacker any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home