Friday, June 02, 2006

Zoology

I finished my first week of Zoology and it really isn't as dreadful as I had imagined.

First, the classes are *not* M-TH 12-5, rather, they are M and W 12-2, Tu and Th 12-5ish.

Second, Professor Van Meter seems to be very sweet.

It is a shitload of work every day. I took 14 pages of notes in one day!!!My penmanship is dreadful so I will by taking my laptop to type in notes and a sketch pad for the illustrations. (Yes, my line drawings are better than my penmanship.)

As I went to class on Tuesday, I realized how much I wanted to be in school. I had two weeks off and two weeks is more than enough for me to recharge my batteries for another challenge. I met my good friend, Tim Mack getting out of Organic Chem. (He said it wasn't that bad, I got to meet the O'Chem Prof, and see a couple of other people. I feel privileged to be able to go to school after all these years.I applied to the Pre-med program last week, I hope they accept me.Let's see, four years of undergrad, four years of grad, residency, my goal is to go as long as possible without getting a *real* job.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger DebraBaker said...

I have lab Tu and Th 2-5PM.

Yes, long hours, especially for someone who can't sit still through a movie.

I couldn't focus as a pregnant mom and felt my brain drain as a mom with young children. I would strongly encourage you to take classes if you have a strong desire to go back to school. I would hazard a guess that you are of my vintage (give or take a few years.) I think there are a lot of advantages to being an older student. Follow your heart.

The summer semester runs for five weeks. They have two summer sessions. I will not take a second session to spare my children but I'm really toying with taking summer classes next June (either Calc. or O.Chem.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home