Friday, May 25, 2007

It's been awhile

It's been so long, I literally forgot my password.

I'm in that in-between space where I'm done with school for the summer and my children are still in school.

The proverbial calm before the storm.

This past semester was particularly challenging for me. I managed an A in Chem. 103 but have struggled with Chem 104. Dr. Moran was a great prof, he did a fantastic job in lecture, he would lay everything out systematically, and he would give us the theory behind the formulas, etc. But Chem 104 was extremely challenging to me. I ended up with a B. Normally, B's are the cause of much crying and emoting but I was thrilled to have a B in Chem this time around.

Genetics was extremely challenging. I had to remember the Stats I took two years ago, oy. I really love the subject matter, I'm hoping to squeeze in Human Genetics before I graduate.

Biopsych and Developmental were relatively easy but Biopsych entailed a lot of work.

So, I ended up with three A's, one A-, and a B.

It feels really good to clean and declutter the house and turn my attention to the garden.

I can't wait to take the kids out on the boat.

As soon as the kids get out of school this fleeting time of relative peace and quiet will be over and I am looking forward to taking them to the shore, to the sand bar island, and I really want to take Miss Julianna to the Smithsonian to see the Natural History Museum because she is really into Paleontology.

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger TulipGirl said...

Way to go, Debra!

(I'm upping my course work--Statistics this semester, and an Anthropology class and an Art class for exit requirements. *grin*)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger DebraBaker said...

I'm taking a painting class in the fall to fulfil an art requirement.

Along with O-Chem, Micro, and Medical Terminology.

It should be fun, huh?

TG, I'm glad you're taking the leap of faith to pursue your education!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home